Monday, June 4, 2012

Energy Bites

Monday, June 4, 2012


 Five out of six people that live in my house say these are sooooo yummmy!!

 I love them because they are not only good, but are really easy to make. I adapted the recipe from  Money Saving Mom. I used all oats and omitted the flaxseed since I did not have any on hand. I did find that rolling them up could be kind of difficult, so I sprayed my hands with cooking spray a little bit and that made the process much easier. Next time I think that I will press the mixture down into a pan and cut them into bars instead.

Here is what I used:

4c Old Fashioned Oats
1c Peanut Butter
2/3c of honey
1c of mini chocolate chips
2tsp vanilla (homemade vanilla..yum)

Mix all of the ingredients together like this


and roll into balls! Put them in the freezer for a little bit to harden, maybe an hour or so. These are a great snack to make ahead and freeze.

Easy peasy I tell ya!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...