Monday, November 21, 2011

Cheesy Potato Recipe..So Easy and So Yummy

Monday, November 21, 2011

Yesterday we had a Thanksgiving dinner at our church. I decided to bring cheesy potatoes.

They went quick. (honestly, I think my oldest may have eaten half the dish!)

With the holidays coming up I thought I would share the recipe that was given to me from my husband's side of the family. They are for sure a family favorite!

Things you need:

-1 bag of southern style hashbrowns
- 1/2 of a Velveeta cheese loaf. (Saying 1/2 sounds a lot better than saying 1 lb..don't you think?)
-1 or 2 handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese - Sometimes I don't even add cheddar cheese, but if I do that is about all I put in.
- 8 oz of half and half.

Hey , I never said it was healthy..just good!

What you do:


-Pour your southern style hashbrowns into a large casserole dish. I am not sure if it is necessary, but I always spray the bottom of my dish with a non-stick cooking spray.

-cut up your Velveeta into small squares

-In a large pot pour the half & half, along with the Velveeta squares and heat them on medium heat. Stirring very often until melted. (Burnt cheese tastes yucky)


-Add your cheddar cheese if desired and stir until melted.

-Pour cheese mixture over the hashbrowns and bake at 375 for 45 min. to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...