Thursday, September 22, 2011

When Bread Making Goes Wrong

Thursday, September 22, 2011
I was so excited the other day at the thought of trying the hashbrown and pork chop casserole from my menu this week that I decided to make some homemade rolls to go with it.

It was going to be an awesome dinner!

I just knew it!

I put all the ingredients into my bread maker just as I have done many, many times before.

I had several things to do that day, so I basically left my machine to do what it does just like I had done many, many times before.

BUT unlike the many, many times before, when I went to the kitchen to pull the dough out so I could roll it I found this...


UH to the OH.


I forged ahead anyway and started rolling the dough that I could salvage, having no idea if the rolls would even be edible once baked.


I let them rise and they did.

A little.

I decided to bake them anyway.


They didn't turn out. They were flat. They were tasteless.

Yet my family ate them, they even said they were good???

I tasted them. They weren't.

I'm thinking I must have a really nice family!



I did finally realize what had happened. Apparently the little paddle thingie (I know I am so technical) at the bottom of the bread pan was not on securely....oops!


Linking up at Amy's Finer Things & Mama to 4 Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate when you get all excited about something and it doesn't turn out. My husband pretends to like my cooking sometimes when even I don't think it is good, and I guess I kinda love him for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here from the blog hop and now a new follower thru GFC and RSS Reader. I would love a follow back on both of those also when you get a chance. Thanks so very much and have a great weekend.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh on the bread not working. I have done that before, always disappointing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...